Mentoring Book 2 - Mentoring: How to be a Caring, Competent, and Committed Mentor
By Nancy Gumina
How to be a Caring, Competent, and Committed Mentor is an authoritative conversation about what it means to be a mentor in today's world of work. It clarifies the mentor's role and responsibilities along the journey to becoming a great mentor. Both the new and the seasoned mentor will benefit from the book's many practical ideas, exercises, activity suggestions, and sample case illustrations. Here's a secret known only to mentors. Mentoring can be immensely rewarding - to mentors.
In this book, you will
- Explore the four stages of the mentoring partnership.
- Assess and enhance your mentor and management competencies.
- Discover strategies for setting and achieving mentee goals.
- Recognize how and when to challenge and confront your mentee for maximum development.
- Gather insider tips for staying on task and effectively managing your mentee meeting time.
- Avoid some of the most common mentor sand traps...and so much more.
Don't leave the success of your mentoring to chance. Prepare for this important role. Add How to Be a Caring, Competent, and Committed Mentor to your management toolbox today!