Job Family Performance
The goal and objective of implementing a job family performance model is to
- Develop, expand, and utilize human capital across the organization and then leverage this capital in the competitive marketplace.
- Increase the professional acumen and intellectual diversity at all levels in the organization.
- Accelerate the development of future leaders, managers, and high-potential employees.
- Significantly increase the talent pool ready to assume higher levels of management and leadership roles.
- Retain the best talent by responding to changing workplace values that include continuous learning, development of critical skills, expanding knowledge and key relationships necessary to compete.
The Job-Family Performance library is a comprehensive database containing
- Job Description
- Primary Role Responsibilities
- Functional Department’s Strategic Focus
- Interest Preferences
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work Activities
- Interpersonal Competencies
- Work Standards, Commitment, and Results
The Functional Departments included in the database are
- Business Management and Development
- Business Services
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Public Affairs
- Retail Sales and Marketing
- Sales and Account Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Technical and Engineering
The premise of the competency model is that to be an effective employee
- You have to know something.
- You have to do something.
- You have to engage with people.
- You have to get results.
This 4-box model defines the construction of the library database. Thus the database contains comprehensive data for each of the four boxes. Our competency library consists of 70 job families across 14 functional departments.
NOTE: All information can be customized to more clearly define each job’s role and responsibility.
Job-Family Database includes
Business Management and Development
New Products/Services Development
Vice President, Director, Manager, Business Services
Finance and Accounting
Vice President, Director, Manager, Finance and Accounting
Accounting Financial Analysis
New Business Analysis
Vice President, Director, Manager, Human Recourses
Compensation and Benefits
Employee Relations and Compliance
Vice President, Director, Manager, Information Technology
Application Development and Support
Business Systems Planning
Infrastructure Systems Support
Vice President, Director, Manager, Marketing
Brand Creative Services
Vice President, Director, Manager, Public Affairs
Retail Sales and Marketing
Retain Sales and Marketing
Sales and Account Management
Vice President, Director, Manager, Sales and Account Management
Customer Operations Management
Network Account Management
Supply Chain Operations
Vice President, Director, Manager, Supply Chain Operations
Distribution and Logistics
Procurement and Purchasing
Vice President, Director, Manager, Technical
Research and Development
Organization-Specific Job Family Positions
Other related job family positions which are unique to an individual organization can easily be developed from the library database, such as (typical) office, legal, administrative support, production workers, skilled trades, customer service technicians, technical, clerical service, maintenance, safety, security, and others.
There are two pricing models. One for development of the content, and a second for using the content within the assessment portal system.
Development of the content.
A. If The Ryan Group content is acceptable as is, you will be charged a licensing fee for use of the content. The content is in the form of a Microsoft Word file.
B. If you want to customize the content, the fee is dependent upon the level of support you need from The Ryan Group.
C. If you want to use the portal to conduct assessments, the fee is dependent upon the number of users.
The cost is a factor of each organization’s needs. There are 3 approaches.
1. Client Solution: Provide the client organization access to the database for self-development.
2. Partnering Solution: Client organization will partner with The Ryan Group for co-development and customization.
3. Turn Key Solution: Client organization will outsource the project to The Ryan Group.
The Ryan Group’s Competency Assessment Portal
Once the competencies are developed, the client organization can easily access The Ryan Group’s competency assessment portal. The portal provides three components listed below.
1. Individual Component
Individual respondents conduct the assessment with areas for verbatim responses. Additional features include areas for input and feedback for identifying and linking expression of the competencies in the workplace, and for future development and action planning.
2. Manager Component
Through the administrative function, managers and facilitators setup and provide respondents with access to the selected assessments. Managers and facilitators set expectations for the overall group’s level of performance using an expectation scale. Managers and facilitators have access to detailed guides, helps, and resources in the manager toolkit.
3. Reporting Component
Individual respondent competency report
Group results and outcomes report
Participant activity report
Effectiveness evaluation report
The “Cloud” Delivery Platform
- Respondents take the diagnostic online in a secure environment with unique username and password.
- Administrators monitor progress and reporting.
The branded online portal system provides
- A URL link for secure login.
- An individual respondent site, accessible by username and password, for conducting assessments and printing individual reports.
- An administrative site, accessible by master ID number, for administering, monitoring, and printing team/group reports.
The cost is dependent upon the number of individual assessments and users with portal access.