Line of Business Effectiveness Database
The database is built on the premise that being an effective and successful department is about:
1. Providing Strategic Services
2. Leveraging Technology
3. Optimizing Resources
4. Improving Processes
The database content contains functional department strategic competencies and associated performance behaviors or statements to measure how effective the department or business unit is in achieving the described levels of performance.
The database contains a comprehensive data set for key functional departments including:
Accounting and Finance
Managing Financial Processes
Providing Financial Insight
Managing Systems and Data
Facilities and Space Management
Solving Business Problems
Managing Systems and Data
Leveraging Technology as a Business Strategy
Creating Performance Solutions
Managing Talent Acquisition
Defining Skills and Knowledge Needs
Leveraging Business Intelligence
Focusing on Business Growth
Understanding Market Dynamics and Client Behavior
Becoming a Customer Business Partner
Building Value-Based Relationships
Influencing Decision Makers
Making High-Value Deals
Research and Development
Building an Actionable Track Record
Generating a Pipeline of New Ideas
Understanding Time to Commercialize
Typical Database and Portal Uses and Projects
- Assess department performance
- Identify soft spots and areas for development
- Link performance to strategic intent
- Get multi-rater view of department contribution
- Tie individual performance to department performance
- Assess department’s performance at leveraging technology
- Assess department’s performance at optimizing resources
- Assess department’s performance at improving processes
- Understand the connection between department performance and organizational sustainability
Assessment and evaluation portal platform.
The platform allows the user organization to
Choose an assessment from 5 menus.
Setup unique assessments for individuals, teams, groups, and organizations.
Conduct assessments through secure respondent portal.
Track respondent progress, send reminders, and follow-up.
View respondent activities.
Link outcomes to development and action planning.
The platform provides three components highlighted below.
Individual respondents conduct the assessment using a dual rating scale of importance and effectiveness, with areas for verbatim responses. Additional features include areas for input and feedback for identifying and linking expression of the competencies in the workplace, and for future development and action planning.
Through the administrative function, managers and facilitators setup and provide respondents with access codes to the selected assessments. Managers and facilitators set expectations for the overall group’s level of performance using an expectation scale. Managers and facilitators have access to detailed guides, helps, and resources in the manager toolkit.
Individual respondent competency reports
Group results and outcomes reports
Participant activity reports
Raw Data reports
The branded online portal system provides
- A URL link for secure login.
- An individual respondent site, accessible by username and password, for conducting assessments and printing individual reports.
- An administrative site, accessible by master ID number, for administering, monitoring, and printing team/group reports.