Making Meetings More Productive Book 1 - The Basics
By Dean Herrington
Making Meetings More Productive: The Basics introduces the "super secret scientific formula" for planning and conducting much more productive business meetings, which is:
- MP = R x P x P x P, where,
- R = Roles
- P = Purposes
- P = Procedures
- P = Proxemics
In this book you will:
- Learn about the two major meeting elements: Content and Process.
- Examine the four most crucial meeting Roles: Meeting Leader, Recorder, Timer, and Participants.
- Encounter the five major Purposes for having a meeting: Information Sharing, Problem Analysis, Solution Seeking (also called Idea Generating), Decision Making, and Action Planning.
- Explore a number of discussion Procedures which can be used to conduct meetings, including Round Robin, Spit-Wads, Fishbone, etc.
- Discover the impact that Proxemics, the arrangement of the room, seating positions and placement of audio/video equipment, has on the dynamics of a meeting.
- Think of this book as your bachelor's degree in meetings, and the next three books in this series as your advanced degrees.