Orlando Blake, PhD
As a licensed Unitive™ Coach, and Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) Dr. Blake’s more than 25 years of executive, consulting and coaching experience is uniquely diverse. His clients come from commercial printing, consumer products, food processing, healthcare, heavy engineering construction, government, utilities, entertainment, defense, and tribal businesses.
Orlando is a Founding Fellow of the Institute for Professional Coaching Association at Mclean Hospital a Harvard Medical School Affiliate. He received his masters from the University of Southern California, with a specialization in applied behavioral sciences. He followed this with a doctorate and breakthrough research at Claremont Graduate University that discovered unique techniques to resolve disputes. Harvard has included his research in their study of critical moments in negotiation.
Orlando’s business experience includes senior executive positions for Warner Bros, Mercantile National Bank and Guess? Inc. After leaving corporate life, he provided key executive career services and personal coaching for Lee, Hecht, Harrison, and Right Consultants in Southern California.
In addition to Dr. Blake’s nationally recognized consulting and coaching practice he was a consulting editor for Personnel Policy Manual™ and HRMatters™, and a columnist for the maquiladora-focused Twin Plant News™. Dr. Blake’s books include the following:
- Career On! Creating career clarity and confidence, and avoiding a career cul-de-sac
- Life’s Path: make a choice that brings you happiness
- Leading the Total Quality Mission: aligning principles, practices & management
- Leading Continuous Improvement: building capability and commitment
- Leading Total Quality: management’s role in aligning leadership and total quality practices
- Mediation & Facilitation for HR Professionals
- Win-Win Turning Points During Conflict
- Investigations at Work: the art of fact-finding & investigating employee complaints
As a result of his commitment to human potential and performance improvement, he was awarded the experienced professional designation of Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) from the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI).
You can reach the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.