Mentoring Book 3 - What Every Mentee Needs to Know
By Nancy Gumina
Mentoring: What Every Mentee Needs to Know is a must read for mentees who would like to get the most out of their mentoring relationships. It provides today's mentees with insider tips on how to learn about and position for the mentee role to yield the best results.
Mentees will benefit from the many exercises and cases with real life application. Prepare yourself for perhaps the best personal and career development and growth of your life-as a mentee.
It's also a valuable resource for human resources, training, diversity and other professionals who manage mentoring programs and shepherd their mentees.
In this book you will
- Discover how to start your mentoring relationship on the right foot.
- Examine ways to build and maintain trust with your mentor.
- Learn the importance of two types of contracting in the mentoring relationship.
- Identify the ideal mentee competencies and take a self-assessment.
- Understand your proactive role in the success of your mentoring relationship.
- Investigate how to identify and achieve meaningful mentoring goals.
- Recognize how to leverage the valuable time you spend with your mentor.
- Realize how to avoid or manage several common mentoring challenges.
- Uncover how to effectively close a mentoring relationship.
. . . and so much more.