By Sandra Campbell, Ed.D.
Interviewing is a process every company or organization goes through with the goal being to hire the best candidate. But, how do you successfully accomplish this task? It certainly is not an off-the-cuff, informal process thrown together at the last minute but instead, a systematic, planned event with a proven methodology.
This book offers everyone hiring new employees (e.g., department heads, managers, team leaders and human resource personnel) a means to evaluate applicants effectively so the most qualified talent is hired. It provides a means to plan a consistent route so you accomplish your end result.
In Behavioral Interviewing you will
- Learn the importance of being prepared.
- Be introduced to a systematic and consistent hiring process.
- Acquire practical interviewing tools and guidelines.
- Discover how to use the STAR model to create questions based on the necessary competencies for the job.
- Obtain invaluable pointers that will improve your professionalism before, during, and after interviews,
- Discover and practice a process where your end result will be hiring not just the right person but the right person for the job.