Growing Talent Through Cross-Training
By Georgian Lussier, M.S.O.B.
High-performing organizations continually train their employees in order to grow talent and meet customer commitments. Cross-training on essential functions provides a buffer against unexpected staffing or production glitches. This book describes the steps for
- Assessing the need for cross training in your company.
- Defining management’s role in cross training.
- Implementing one-on-one training for back-up purposes.
- Creating a job rotation program to staff for the future.
- Setting a tone of continuous learning in your company.
Based on extensive cross-training experience, the author guides you through a practical thought process and points out possible pitfalls. The book emphasizes the importance of a manager’s commitment to helping employees increase their skills and contributions.