By Darlene Davis
Change is everywhere around us, and we deal with it all the time: the changing of the seasons, changes in the weather, even a change of hairstyles. Although we may be experiencing change all of the time, we may not understand it or know how to manage it.
If you are someone who is or soon might be going through some type of organization change (e.g., downsizing, mergers, acquisition, fast growth, little or no growth, outsourcing, relocation), or someone who has gone through change and now wants to make sense of it all—then this book is for you! Managing Change was designed to help you better understand yourself, others, and the dynamics of the change process. The goal is to provide you with the information you need to become your own expert at making change work for you—whether it's organizational change or personal change.
In this book you will
- Explore the pace and nature of change and what the new workplace looks like.
- Develop a Life Event Change Graph that will help you understand how you respond to change.
- Study the fears and concerns people have about change.
- Discern the difference between change and transition.
- Discover how different levels in the organization respond to change.
- Complete the Change Style Assessment: A tool that provides insight as to how people respond and contribute to change and the support they need during change.
- Learn eight strategies to help you prepare for and manage change.